Utilizing Mediation For Divorce

The end of a marriage is one of the most difficult times in your life. Sometimes the stress can even cause your health to deteriorate. The sooner you take action, the sooner you will be on the road to emotional and physical recovery. I am attorney William Sams, and I can help you navigate the divorce process.

Whether you want to use a mediator to end your marriage by agreement or you need the help because there is no agreement and a fight is looming, I will outline your options. As an experienced family law lawyer in Vista, I have the answers to your questions and the skills and tenacity to get you what you need.

The decisions you make now will affect you for the rest of your life. You need a strong and sure legal advocate to protect your rights. I can help you.

Call me at 760-659-2257 or contact me online for your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION for help at every stage of the divorce process.


Mediation lets you work out the details of your divorce, paternity action or other family law matters in an office, not in front of a judge. This is beneficial for two reasons: First, you save court costs and attorney fees. Second, it allows you to have personal control over the outcome of your case. I will draft all documents needed to finalize your dissolution of marriage or legal separation using the mediation process.

Whether you are a military member or a dependent spouse, you need to know your rights. Military families going through divorce face special challenges. Did you know the California Superior Court can order the military to pay support directly to a dependent spouse? Did you also know that even if the marriage lasted fewer than 10 years, a dependent spouse still has an interest in military retirement? Do you know your Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) rights? Division of military retirement and the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) under California law raise special issues — issues that are best discussed with an experienced attorney. Discretion is needed in military divorces. I know you don't want this to impact your career in a negative way. As a former military judge and JAG, I understand your situation completely and can help.


As jobs change or as children grow up, you may need to modify your original divorce decree or court order, changing the child custody or visitation plan. Child support and spousal support (alimony) may also need adjustments as the parents' careers and economic status change. I can help.

Contact Me Today

Call me, attorney William Sams, at 760-659-2257 or contact me online for your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION. My office is in Vista, and I represent clients in California and military personnel worldwide.